Chokos and a Walk in the Park

I'm getting bold and have given this place a good old explore.  The house and patio has some interesting features but my humans aren't keen on me heading off down the stairs unaccompanied. I found a way to get onto a piece of roof but got foiled in that endeavour too. Being a US president must be a bit like this - security detail every which way you turn.

Who would take on a job like that?


At the bottom of the long stairs, the very productive garden also has chokos.
We never saw these in Greece.  F is now wondering if she could grow them in a greenhouse in the south of England. 

On the hillside above us the park is described as Aleppo Pine Forest. I thought Aleppo was in Syria. Anyway, it too would be eminently explorable but aging humans might struggle to keep up on the steep bits. They stuck mainly to the well formed paths, photographed some stuff, chatted with the telecoms engineer working on the big microwave/cellphone tower at the top, and trogged back down again.  I got a few feet-on-the-ground opportunities but it was all over in an hour or two and I sensed patio imprisonment again so did my best distressed look and managed to prolong the outing by another quarter hour or so. F's only off-piste venture ended in her getting slightly tangled in some bush-lawyer-like plant and calling it off.  Prickly plants always put paid to my exploration aspirations.

Riding in a bubble attached to a wire was going to be the afternnon excusion but i was excused and the humans went. There is always a risk when we get to such places that they decline to let me participate. They came back with photos of the city taken from a mountaintop and said they had waved to me.

And I spotted this lying about after their return. I'm definitely not going on that excursion. In this I decline to participate.

What do my humans think they are anyway?  They have too much grey hair for this kind of stuff! Look at those pictures.... they are all young spritely humans paddling those bathtub things.

Comments

  1. Gail and I both think those kayaks look great fun. Your humans should hire one and take you too. What could possibly go wrong? (You can swim, can't you?) I've only been in a boat once - the 'steamer' (which doesn't steam) on Ullswater, and I had a fine time. And the Croatian coastline is so beautiful. Although Gail says to tell you prices are a lot lower if you venture inland.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody knows whether I can swim Nobby. I have had an acceptable time on ferries and moored up sailing boats. I have surfed a paddleboard (firmly ashore), and made myself at home in kayaks and sailing dinghies I found in our UK garden. Surely that suffices? You should talk Gail into some sea kayaking for your benefit. Paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  2. I'm with you there Mr T. Give that one a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could enjoy a nice sunny cafe instead couldnt we? Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen chokos in many years. They used to grow along the fence line of our house. Can't remember whether we ate them or not but there were plenty of them.
    Good for F and B for joining the spritely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Ah well, the Aleppo Pine is also known as the Jerusalem pine, and native to the Mediterranean region. The resin from it is used to flavour Retsina... just one of those peculiar tidbits that sit in the YAMster's hard-drive brain and surge forth by some kind of keyword trigger. If only I could recall what, if any connection there is with the Syrian bit... Meanwhile, you just concentrate on your "Colditz" Tigger dear, and let the humans revel in their inner children. (Though I admit, the kayaks hold appeal...) Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEE ESS - I would be nabbing some of those chokos. I miss that fruit very much; chutnies, in herby white sauce, in stews... I think F should defo try and grow them! Yxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I must be part cat. I'd avoid riding in bubbles on wires and bathtubs on moving oo'er water. But I'd like seeing those architectural features, lovely place you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have stayed with you and they could ride since I do NOT ride in bubbles hanging by strings at all. I rather be your detail and guard you than the president for sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is many years since I last tasted chokos - they are so easy to grow here but you seldom see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F is pleased to hear that about growing them - she first encountered them in Auckland years ago.

      Delete
  9. I’m very impressed by the amount of active excursions you all have.
    I’d definitely need a drink and a nap after all that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never ever understood Chokos, they grow like weeds here and apparently you have to boil the heck out of them to be edible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use them like zucchini - they take on the flavour of whatever you add them to - like stirfry.

      Delete

Post a Comment