Door to the Garden

Another day another apartment. Camping in the van works for humans but I do my best to make it difficult for them, so F booked a series of inexpensive 'pet friendly' stays for our journey.  The further north and west we get the more expensive that gets, so the rooms get smaller, or are somewhere out in the boonies. F loves the boonies. Mr B is more of a town boy.  He can't order a pizza out here.

Tonight the back door of the apartment opens into a 'garden' on the edge of rolling farmland. There isn't a fence. There is a steep rough embankment down into a dry stream bed at the end of the garden. There are big trees and brambles and lots of exciting leaf mould and undergrowth.

Garden explored, tree with no low branches considered and discounted,


rabbit hutch reviewed (rabbits gone), chicken coop checked out (chickens also gone),

kids play frames investigated,

grass tasted, I hatched a plan. I went indoors and pretended to eat my dinner and while my humans were sitting at a table outdoors addressing some wine, I shot across the long grass as fast as my OAC legs will go - which both humans agree is still fast just not as sustained as it might once have been. My mistake was I stopped at the edge of the trees to contemplate direction, and Mr B caught me.

Bother.

Hatching a second plan was like setting up an attempt at a penalty goal. Look right, dash left. 


Mr B saw me look right with attention focused on some fictional interest point and did as expected. I dashed left and hurtled into the chicken cage. It has three lids. Mr B closed the lid on the part I was in.  They watched me for a while as I squeezed through the chicken door. 

"Don't worry" said F, "he goes into the rabbit house from there", but I didn't; I bounced. Tiggers bounce. I bounced out of the chicken cage and shot into the trees. Mr B fell in a hole when he chased me, but he pulled out a stunning rugby tackle and I was bundled indoors. 

It had begun to rain by then anyway.

They laughed and laughed and laughed. I'm hatching another plan.


Comments

  1. Never a dull moment with Tigger the Great Escape Artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wouldn't mind so much but Tigger lost most of his hearing about 5 years ago and can't hear us calling to find his way back to an unfamiliar home. It is great to see him so keen to explore after 4 years od sedentary life and we can't wait to get him back to his big english garden.

      Delete
  2. Sheesh, you are one naughty dude, Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    I am starting to think, Tigger ol' boy, that you are not inclined to return to the land of your forbears, where the skies lie leaden and the gardens yield mud in a fashion foreign to your Greek residence! At least you are ensuring adequate exercise for the car-ridden bods of your peeps. Methinks you are all making fine progress and expect to be reading in only a matter of days that you have crossed water... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skies here have been leaden for a few days, the mountains are streaming water (which is scenic) and the mud is, well, muddy. Maybe that is where I found my energy and interest. I am an English cat after all. 😼Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  4. Oh my. You did try hard to escape and explore on your own
    Inside is definitely preferable when raining I’d say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try very hard. My humans have not seen me that interested in 4 years.

      Delete
  5. You certainly keep your humans on their toes with all your exploring! I did a bit of "exploring of other worlds" of my own last night actually, with the help of some of that weed that F gave me! powerful stuff! I had a great time! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this trip is turning into Trials and Tribulations of Tigger! you did good, you dad did good and so happy no felines or humans were hurt in the making of this documentary of Cat Gone Wild! maybe a name change to Houdini?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say that either Bruno or Mr Cat would be too fussed with a chicken coop either, in fact if there were chickens in there they would probably be quite scared, I would hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tigger Dear, I laughed and laughed as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would've laughed too, I'd hate to think what Mr Cat and Bruno would do if they ever saw chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment