Reims

It's a place in France. I have no idea what happened to my humans, there we were last night in a rural idyll on the German side of Lake Konstance, and we had a very scenic tour today along a by-way through the Black Forest (think clocks and gingerbread houses), and here we are in some sort of cheap roadside flop-house that smells of stale cigarette smoke.

I am super unimpressed and sat under the middle of the bed, refusing to come out for my dinner.  It is my last sleep 'on tour' I am told, so why is it not the pinnacle of the trip, the flourish at the end?

Interestingly on one side of the entrance are the ornate gates of a posh champagne establishment ('since 1730' it says), and on the opposite side of the road the ornate entrance of another champagne house.  Lots of gold highlights and scrolly bits on their signage. The setting of our flophouse is among nice trees and lawns in between. Something tells me that city planning rules don't apply this far out of the town centre.

Mr B has connected his latop to the TV and is watching yesterday's F1 from Austin - weird. The opening commentary was to the music of Stevie Ray Vaughan. F used to dance me around to that music.

How much I like F1....

Comments

  1. My hubby loves watching the motor racing
    I don’t know that the attraction is. But if they like well go for it I say
    I go to bed. We have to stay up late to watch it live if we want. I don’t want

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tigger, Gail and I are feeling out of breath just trying to keep up with your journey through Europe. Northern France already! And another place Gail claims to have visited on her bicycle. Back in Blighty again soon I think.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Crikey, Tigger, you are being transported at great speed, it seems, if you have already arrived in Reims. (...I paused and considered rewriting that sentence, but have left it raw...) Something tells me your next repawt is going to be about paws-on-ground in you garden of choice. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, relatiely slow speed YAM-aunty. Everything on the road passed us, except a bloke on a bike. We stopped often for toilets, and we sat in a lot of roadworks induced traffic hold-ups. F tried to pick the straightest line possible. Mr B and his multiple navigation systems (which never agree with each other or him, or her) didn't employ any of the following options - shortest X, -fasrest X, -most sensible X, -scenic X, or most economical X. It turned into a fairly random event with about 4 hours per day of driving! Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  4. Not sure what F1 is but how you feel about it is how I feel about almost every thing Beaus dad watches. football, tennis, drag racing, Nascar racing, discovery channel and NEWS NEWS NEWS.. there now, I vented and feel better... yay for almost home

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgot something, did you notice Reims Rhymes with Weims?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I hope the champagne was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't sound like a very nice place to stay - but it certainly makes you appreciate the nice ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment