Mad Saturday

Mr B has stiff neck issues, so stayed longer in bed than usual. I sat on his tummy to comfort him. F put his nice warm wheat bag on me, possibly as a joke, but I like it.  I can stay like this all day. She went cycling.

It's plurry cold out there. F called me a wimp. She came back with a photo of a cafe cat for me.

I'm not convinced about this cycling business, there seems to be a lot of cafes and hot pasties involved.

While she was away two big boxes arrived.....dried out human food.  I have been made to understand that this is about a year's supply (cheaper bought in bulk) - out of shot there is a 25kg bag of chicken peas. Nothing chicken about them I can assure you.

Oh 'chick' peas you say. Does that mean they are just baby ones?

Lots of this is going into the big freezer in the garage (even though it's dry stuff) because weevils don't like it in the freezer apparently. My garage bed is on top of that freezer - I can supervise the workshop bench from there. Mr B was out there working on some kind of motor thing when F returned. At the same time a man in a van turned up and gave Mr B some money and took our spare stove away.  There is more space in my garage now but Mr B is still under pressure to 'finish clearing it out' - apparently he is getting an e-bike for Christmas and it will have to live in the garage. 

I'm not sure what the e stands for but I guess I'm going to find out. Any suggestions? I mentioned 'elderly' and was told quite sternly that it would be brand new.

F raked up the bright yellow gingko leaves on the lawn. The poor tree is bare now but had been beautifully yellow until a couple of days ago. The crows have got the measure of my humans and sit in that tree now, waiting for food.  They tell the second one up each morning that the first one hasn't fed them.  Hey, that's my trick!

The pair of my humans erected another birdfeeder stand, and moved a big storage box that is going to be turned into a cupboard (for plant pots) in the shed.

Since Mr B went off to do babysitting duty, F did a bit of building in a cupboard, walked to the petfood shop and back (essential stuff), shredded lots of paper (I LOVE shredded paper), has glued some cork tiles to some plywood (a project) and is now sitting on the floor eating mueslei and taking dictation while I sit on her chair and compose.




My tummy is full of a tasty new brand of catfood and I don't want to be hassled for a photo shoot.  

Why can't I do science on catfood?

Comments

  1. A never ending whirl of activity in your world, Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darned right JayCee, a regular old merry-go-round. It keeps coming back to where it started and doing it all over again...

      Delete
  2. Busy busy your humans.
    Your home will soon be the perfect little nest for you to enjoy the winter months in

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a busy guy, M. T. The e in ebike is for elephant. I expect they got it from the circus. This should be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail's cycling friends communicate via a WhatsApp group called 'Scones r Us'.
    Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's lot think CTC stands for coffee tea cake.

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    Yes, indeed, it seems that things are moving along well enough with all that decluttering and resetting and bedding down... and stocking up! I have had a few days of 'redding oot and rubbing down' around the Hutch. Visitors coming is always a good catalyst for action! I've even got the place looking vaguely festive. Not that Nobby will be that bothered, I s'pose... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Nobby likes to eat tinsel too. I love it. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  6. That is a lot of things for you to be supervising Tigger. Your chicken peas and young chick peas made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. never a dull moment in your home for sure, and you are the worlds best snoopervisor. PLUS so handsome in F's chair.. happy to hear the stove is gone and cash is in hand. keep them working and maybe they will share a few chicken peas with you, or is that chick peas Powder? shudder to think what powdered foods taste like, and now are you going to tell us why the powders? are you expecting armageddon? storms? fire? floods??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper by the sackful - rice and beans and grits and seeds and lentils and......birdfood really but they eat it. Once upon a time.... Mr B would have mumbled something about being full to avoid eating this stuff and later scarf down some chocolate bars in secret but now that he has had a pre-diabetic alert he is reading the literature provided by the diabetes clinic and lecturing F about sound diets (as if she'd never had any idea!)

      Delete
  8. You sound very busy with your gate cat job Tigger. Do you make the delivery drivers sign for everything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They photograph me when I go to the door to inspect the parcels. I'm tired of signing autographs.

      Delete
  9. Wheat bags are awesome! I use to use them all the time - if it was Winter here I don't think I'd be getting out of bed in a hurry either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New cat food brand? It is one of those "healthy" ones? I'd stick with chickens/chicks... I have an ebike and it's quite wonderful but you must find a way to see around the trunk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment