Tide's Out

My humans disappeared for a couple of days. Our neighbour visited me a couple of times a day but I stayed hidden while he was here.  When my humans returned F needed Dr Tigger. Something had gone wrong with the direction of flow in her alimentary canal. 

When you connect up a garden hose and turn on the tap, water comes out the other end. Disconnect it from the tap and water comes out both ends (for a while). However if water is flowing out both ends, the reservoir must be falling in the middle.  If F swallowed even a teaspoonful of water it set off a nasty counterflow. She went to bed. I curled up against her tummy. I could feel her heart thumping hard. Dehydration.....

I reckon if (purely in the interests of science you understand) I had opened her up, her blood would have been like estuary mud when the tide goes out. People from the oil drilling industry know it takes special pumps to move mud.

Or possibly molasses.... bang bang bang. She was clanking away like one of those Aermotor water pumps. (And just in case you don't know what Aermotor is link here. Iconic water pumps, that were also in use all over NZ Canterbury farmland when F was growing up. She said you could hear them clunking away through the night when the nor'westers were tearing down off the mountains and scorching their way across the open plains.)

I snuggled in close and vibrated her tummy at healing frequency. 


She told me they had been to York to give Aunty B a colourful send off. Fortunately that was all over before F's tide went out. In fact they even fitted in a visit to the National Railway Museum at the suggestion of the neighbour who filled my food bowl while they were away - and they took one of the small humans.

I'm just pleased they are home again.

Comments

  1. York is a wonderful place for a visit and I also highly recommend the Railway Museum.
    I do hope F's equilibrium is restored very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Uh oh.... that sounds very much like the Spring Tide I had to deal with recently, Tigger MD. I send healing ethervibes for F. I'm glad she was able to send off Aunty B before it all turned to ... counterflow. Keep a close eye on her. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the tidal problems. Let's hope it settles soon. I grew up about 50miles from York, very familiar with the railway museum. All about the earliest steam trains which ran to Darlington, if I'm remembering right. It all started with the kettle in his mother's kitchen, at least that's what we were told as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the counterflow. It sounds like a virus that I head back in 2005 or six and it was called the goAnd flowBecause you went from both ends at the same time and I had it for four days I missed a whole week of work. I know how sick it made me feel I hope you weren’t that sick and I’m so glad they’re back home with you Tigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you NHS? Phoebe is in private practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only take private patients Tasker. Phoebe has the right idea.

      Delete
  6. The Tides of March have been causing trouble all over blogland recently. They need to keep on marching, settle down and let the healing powers of spring spring into action. Maybe Andrews Liver Salts might help F…..or old fashion Tonic Water…..Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope F is feeling better soon. I’m sure your healing vibrations will be helping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Mr T, for looking after poorly F. I hope she's feeling much better now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work Dr Tigger - I'm sure those healing vibrations help a lot (and I hope F is feeling much better now) hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. F says thank you for all your good wishes. She is recovering fast. I AM a good Dr Tigger. Now I have to administer to Mr B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, we are sorry to read that F has been in need of the services of Dr Tigger, and we do hope that all the pipework and tubing inside her body is functioning properly again very soon.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby (and Gail).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope F is feeling better soon, sounds like Dr Tigger is on the case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment