Walkin'

F has gone walking.  Apparently it involves three 'peaks' in Surrey.  Who knew there were peaks in Surrey (England)?  Box Hill, Holmbury Hill and possibly Leith Hill - round trip well within daylight hours at this time of year it seems.

She didn't offer to take me in my backpack sedan.

Each morning after I have woken my humans, retired to my garden viewing platform and waited for my breakfast to be delivered, - and after my breakfast has been delivered... I have a leisurely wash and then stroll downstairs and outside for a genteel tour of my estate.  At this time of year the door stands open for me.  I check out the avian life, sniff out the evidence that other felines have dared to invade my estate overnight, check that the other felines have not rustled my mouse-farming activities conducted in and around the compost bin, test the potency of my 'weed', inspect the feral part at the top of the garden for any new or interesting wildlife, and then push the catflap on the garage and meander into my 'hide' from where I can be discreet about watching the birdlife.

Mr B is expected to bring my mid-morning snack out to me after he gets up (which can be quite a while after F has gone to work).

I don't get to make as many forays out into the world these days as I did in Greece.  It might have seemed odd over there but it was somehow also OK because we were the 'odd' foreigners anyway.  Over here we are sort of expected to know the 'norm' and stick to it.  Cats in sedan backpacks on trains and buses has a higher risk of not ending well for some inexplicable reason.

I have one excursion to report but will make it another post when my secretary gets back.

I overheard plans to take a UK camping holiday later in the year (after Mr B's sailing season winds down) and I am being included in that, so I still have travelling to look forward to and will at last be able to be Tigger Travel Writer about my very own country.  I have asked F to bring me some photos from Surrey.


Comments

  1. In the meantime it sounds like you’re on a good wicket so for now, don’t rock the boat, just sit tight and wait for news from afar. Lunch will be served when the big hand and the little hand meet at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Box Hill? Is that the one where Philip Bosinney designs the house for Irene in Forsyte Saga?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh I say... hope F has good soles on her shoes! I think you have developed a fine routine that seems to me might be considered semi-retirement. That's all good and fitting for a feline of venerable years! Hugs and whiskeries YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered why you were not out and about as much as you were in Greece, now we know the answer. each place we live is different for sure. that said, you still lead a most wonderful life, and I enjoyed reading about the start of your daily routine.. can't wait to see the hill pics... hugs sweet Tigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds very exhausting. Take a little nap, Mr T. Oh, I see you are already....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tigger this is completely unacceptable.
    I ALWAYS make sure Gail takes me on walks.
    You must insist.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking, seems to be very popular over there. I suppose it's the right time of the year. When it might not rain every day. I have been reading recently about walkers along Hadrian's Wall and also along the coast of Cornwall. I'd like to try both, maybe, some day. I shall wait for your review of F's 3 peaks in Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your days sound idyllic. It’s nice to have such well trained servants to attend to all your needs
    Enjoy the rest before venturing out on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tigger, the forecast is for rain today, so you wouldn't enjoy an outing. I hope F enjoys her day out - never thought of Surrey having 'peaks'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I can see how enjoying Cat TV would wear him out. Tiger chatters at the birds outside sometimes then falls asleep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment