F interrupts this broadcast...

 ... to break the news that Tigger is really really really not well.  We have witnessed his slow decline for a while (we are all aging) but weight loss has accelerated and in the last few days his poor wee face suddenly puffed up with some sort of allergic reaction.  It might even be funny if he was not clearly distressed by it.

He is still eating (lots actually), still reading over my shoulder as I work (ensconced on the ironing board), still using his litter box, still cleaning himself, but he walks like there is pain.  He was prodded a lot yesterday.

Mr B took him to the vet yesterday: there are steroids and antihistamines for his face and a booking for a scan next week.  The vet detected a possible (small) mass in his stomach a month or so ago but as he had just eaten it was recorded but with a suggestion it might be food.  It seems the mass is more obvious and cancer is suspected.   We will know more after the scan.

We love him dearly and I promised him no pain so we will take this a day at a time.  Posts have been a bit sparse lately and he had been saving up so much he wanted to tell you for when his secretary would attend to it, so you will see a few of those over the coming days.  There are so many photos he wants to share, and in amongst his opinions and sideways views on the activities of those around him, I (the F) will keep you updated on Mr T himself.

There are a few tears. Even when you know that barring accidents and unexpected short life events of your own, that you will outlive your pets, there never seems to be enough time to love them as much as they deserve.

Comments

  1. Oh poor Tigger. We hate to think of him in pain, but know that he is so well loved and you will always do the right thing by him.
    Meanwhile, we are happy that there will be a few more posts sharing his photos and his always interesting opinions!
    Sending love and hugs,
    Gail and Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please tell Mr T that his Isle of Man fans are thinking if him ... and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    F (and darling Tigger) you know that I have you on my POTP list and will be holding you in my heart each and every day...BIG hugs for F, 87 gazzilion whiskeries for Mr T. YAM-aunty xxxxxxx❤‍šŸ©¹xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on Tigger. All the best Tigger for a few painfree days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Tigger and poor you. Cats don't complain much, so it's so hard to see them in pain. Sending good wishes and love to you all. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to you all - especially the Tigger, if he needs to rest so be it. We know you will be careful not to disturb him. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am typing through watering eyes, we love you Tigger and know that F will take good care of you. Tons of POTP coming your way dragging my prayers behind it. Praying the vet will be able to help. Love you sweet Tigger

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so very sorry to hear this news. Many purrs and prayers from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear tigger, and dear you. So sorry we may soon be saying goodbye. They just don't stay long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Tigger and Staff
    We recently met you when Aunty YAM was visiting your home. I do so send many prayers and healing hugs to you all.
    T rusted feline friend
    I ncredible eyes
    G arden kitty
    G reece (once lived there)
    E nglish kitty now
    R eally beloved by all

    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. My paws are crossed and I send you lots and lots of AireZen and hugs for your peeps, Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We read about Tigger on the CB Blog and wanted to send our purrs and good wishes for him.

    Purrs,
    The Chans of The Poupounette

    ReplyDelete
  13. tigger you are on the POTP power of the paws, here, we love you https://blog.catblogosphere.com/paws-together-for-tigger/#comment-4436

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm hoping for a miracle. There's nothing like starting the day with a little Tigger wisdom. Love, hugs, and ear scritches Tigger Wishing F, and Mr B strength... Know they will arrive at the right decision an the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know how this pain is for us Mom's and Dad's. I pray all goes well and the Vet can come up with the best plan for precious Tigger. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending love and prayers your way, Tigger!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Tigger. I'm a big big fan of yours. Please get well real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so sorry to read this and are sending Tigger purrayers and Power of the Paw, and the same for all those who care for him !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hank in there Tigger. Hope the pills help you feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry to hear about Tigger being unwell, I will be praying for him, and you. You are right, no matter how long we have our pets, it's never long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We read about Tigger on the CB and wanted to send our purrs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will add Tigger to my prayer list. XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry. That is distressing. My parents have had their heats broke and rebuilt a half dozen times. We hope you recover and your parents don't have to go through that for a long time. Sending prayers

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are so sorry to hear this. We truly never get enough time with our pets. Please keep us posted. <3
    Tylan and Giovanni (Fur Everywhere)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, dearest Tigger! I will add you to my prayers, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm very sad to read that dearest Tigger is unwell. I've been a poor commenter but have always followed Tigger's adventures with great pleasure. We have very recently traveled this difficult road with a much beloved cat Boots. No matter how much time we are given with them, it is never enough. Sweet Tigger, you are loved. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've just seen the update on Yamini's blog. I'm so very sad. I will miss Tigger and will always remember him. There are tears here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment