Muse

Many creators claim to have had one - a muse.  To an artist, writer, composer what is a muse?

I could never have claimed to really understand the concept of a muse.

Is it an Inspiration?

Or a Challenge?

An invitation to put a bend in a straight line?

Or explore a maze?

Encouragement to open the eyes and see (or ears and hear)....

........or incitement to close them and imagine?

A suggestion by look, gesture, or sound?

A question that needs to be answered?

A vision to capture?

What is a muse?

All I know now is that I seem to have lost mine and will take a little time to find my way again - to develop a voice of my own.  Please stick with me while I explore and try to bring you some blogging that doesn't have the benefit of a sweet (or stern, or funny, or questioning) furry face to light up each post.

And forgive me if I raid my photo archives occasionally - there are thousands of Mr T that we never shared or had a story for, so maybe I will just use a few from time to time when the facial expression suits the story and his views on the content might have been predictable.



Comments

  1. You go right ahead. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing more photos of Mr T. The muse will return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    That sounds like a plan, to me... an avenue to explore... and random shots of angel Tigger will always be welcomed! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr T is Always welcome. As they say here, ' May you live long and keep the memory of his love, and yours, alive'.
    I'm sure one of the 9 Greek Muses will put you on the right path to artistic inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhh tell us more about the 9 Greek muses - maybe we can all get some inspiration.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, a few of them are well known but some a bit obscure. I'll see what I can do.

      Delete
  5. I think more in terms of role models - people who are good at something you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding a voice takes time, and I am confident you will find and develop your own soon enough. I initially set up a blog in the voice of Hamish, who was by then an elderly Westie. When his successor Bertie, a lively young fox terrier, came along, it took me a while to adapt to writing in the 'voice' of a new and unjaded puppy. And then there was Nobby...
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we can never see enough of Angel Tigger, bring them on, all of them. I like the way your mind wanders and ponders because I like to do that too... to do Beaus blog, which used to be Big Boys, Jake, Baby and Jake and Baby, Jake Cooper. all of them were the muse for Fourpawsetc. the odd thing is, last week a did an enitre post on MadSnapper, in singlular third person. Had to go through the enitre thing and change the he/she to I/Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're continuing. Yes, it might be different, but that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all the pics of our furry little muse. Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh please do, I love seeing photos of King T.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment