Support of Nature

Years ago a meditation teacher had talked to me about 'support of nature'.  I gathered it to mean something like 'all the stars aligned' but not quite so dependant on galactic forces.  It seemed to be about working on being personally attuned to the 'messages' and finding that the world supported you with what you need.

If that seems a bit airy fairy, then adopt my approach which is that it's a way of explaining what seems like extraordinary coincidence.  I have only studied mathematical probability as a very basic level but understand from reading generally that coincidence is more common than we might expect, and perfectly explainable mathematically.

Anyway, the day I posted a blog about what to do with the chokeberries, I trogged off to a local Charity Shop (Stella's Voice in case it is of any interest) to drop off some donations.  The first thing I saw inside the door was...   (they hadn't been there the previous week)

£1 each, so I bought 3 and the decision about what to do with the chokeberries was made.  By that afternoon they were soaking in gin in one of the flagons.

The second thing I saw was a shelf full of 'cottage' teapots.  I.E ceramic teapots shaped and decorated as thatched rural cottages.  "Nobody wants those" said the volunteer.  "We can't give that stuff away these days."  I thought of Dave Northsider.  In a recent post, he had proudly displayed some bought at a boot sale that week.  

Dave, I know where there are about a dozen of them on offer - all different.  The charity would probably accept a bid.

(And if you think the flagons really were a sign from the cosmos - consider this: there was also a range of pie dishes for sale.) I see what I want to see. Tigger would have rolled his eyes knowingly.

Comments

  1. I definitely think it was a sign. And the pie dishes mean you need to bake pies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a choice between flavoured alcohol or pies - the pies were never going to win (even before I found the big jars)

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Bargain!!! I do love op-shops for such finds. A goodly part of the stuff I now have to divest from The Hutch was sourced at our local animal charity, Daisy's Den. Quite a bit of it will be returning there! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. We sent a lot of stuff to Age UK when we got back from Greece and studied the unpacking. Tigger's estate donated his worldly goods to a local Cat Rescue centre. We have been using Stella's Voice because they take furniture as well, and are not as choosey as some charities about items that are not 'nearly new' - i.e. still have some life and a value to someone - thereby enabling more stuff to be saved from tip sites.

      Delete
  3. I don't always want things to be explained - a little magic goes a long way to soothe my fevered spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the world of coincidences regardless of how they happen. It is like a weather forecast that says 5% chance of rain - and here it is raining. We just got lucky and are standing in the only 1/20th of places that it might have rained today.

      Delete
  4. What are you making with the gin? I've no idea what gin and fruit do together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. flavoured coloured gin. Around Christmas the fruit gets strained out (and put in the freezer for making pies at my leisure) and the 'gin with botanicals' gets served up in tiny shot glasses, alongside mince pies and fruit cake.

      Delete
  5. yep, eye rolling is what i am doing along with angel Tigger. Love those huge beautiful bottles, they make great decor if nothing else. to me the bottles are like buy a different car, and thinking it is something different and then every where we look there is a car just like what we bought. they were there, we were not aware or focused. the bottles there, you had a different focus. now you may roll your eyes at my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bottles were called flagons in the place of my youth. I do wonder if anyone here would know what a flagon is if I used that word (half an English gallon). Tigger always knew that I would have chosen the alcohol option over the pie option. One of them will go to someone who wants to make a terrarium.

      Delete
  6. Tiny shot glasses??? Not pint mugs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did catch MiL slopping homemade sloe gin into a pint glass one Christmas - "Mum - that's gin!" "Is it?" she said ...apparently completely unconcerned. "Nice isn't it?". (MiL was a 'one small sherry' drinker - so a pint of gin might have been out of her league)

      Delete
  7. They might be our wine making demi-johns. Took them al to the charity shop when I realised it wasn't we realised it wasn't good for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment