Wet Sunday Pub Lunch

Yesterday was yet another day of rain, and stormy wind. Today the storm has abated or finally moved on, but it has taken my Tiggerish energy with it.  Mr B is going to work today. F and I can negotiate space on the bed, or the floor. I'm liking the floor right now.

Last Sunday we took the older Mr B for a pub lunch in a place called East Dean. I was so excited, despite the rain,  to be going to my second ever English pub. I was looking forward to paté and when we got there we discovered the chosen pub welcomed furry friends - which was good buuuut....... meant it was overrun with large k9s, who were all indoors because it was raining outside.

English Pub

Village Green



My humans made an executive decision that Tigger and k9s don't mix,  and I stayed in the van contemplating rain and buildings made of flints.  On the way home we drove past 'Glorious Goodwood' racecourse where they were preparing for a week of horses racing this week.

I have never seen horses racing either.  Mr B prefers cars and motorbikes (and yachts) racing, so that is what I help him watch on TV.

Today being Sunday F and I might just do some sewing or sowing or something. F has wanted to do veg gardening all week but is likely to be a swamp up there, so we won't be sowing seeds anytime soon, but she could put them in trays in the greenhouse. We'll take the day as it comes, relish the good bits.

We hope you are having a good week where you are.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    An easy-ozy Sunday sounds like a plan to me - I was thinking that the allotmenteering might have been curtailed somewhat with the forty days and nights thing we appear to have going on. Just taking some time to cuddle, whether on bed or floor, is a good option. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Tigger that was rather disappointing, not to be allowed into such an inviting looking pub. I apologise on behalf of my fellow canines. It was a wet Saturday here in Aberdeen (Gail cycled to the swimming pool, and after her swim, carefully dried her hair and emerged to a torrential downpour...) Today we have sunshine and we am about to head off to meet our friends M and J and go for a walk on the beach at St Cyrus Nature Reserve. Yippee!
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to visit Goodwood quite often when we lived Down South.
    Have a good day Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think staying in the van would of been the better option. Nice and quite and the rain would of made it lovely to watch the world go by.
    Such a pretty village to sit and admire

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame about the dogs, Tigger. Even the smallest ones are large and bouncy. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had an expedition, even if you stayed in base camp. Dratted dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to go out with your people and my heart breaks for you , love you Tigger and always will. you will be missed every day. Condolences and love coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apart from a snotty nose, being a winter thing and being in retail and catching something different every week, i can't complain. My 4 cats would scarper very quickly if there was a dog in the house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment