Dali and Botero

Singapore seems to have a love affair with Salvador Dali and Fernando Botero. That huge imposing art deco building (called Parkview Square) actually embraces a square - a very small one, a large courtyard, grand patio....

It turns out to be something of a gallery

Dali

Dali
Botero

A few days later I decided to walk home from work. It turns out that Singapore's Downtown/Midtown area is smaller than riding in the metro makes it feel. (I probably lived further from the office in Piraeus and walked both ways every day.)

First stop: Boat Quay - more Dali



...more Botero


The Dali figure near the quay is a tribute to the genius (and open mind) of Isaac Newton

Comments

  1. Dali was certainly swiping from the Futurists in that Newton piece. Thanks for the art. Lovely blocky Botero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like some of those statues in my garden. The snail one in the veg plot to warn off the snails and slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not fond of either. this is my first time with Botero, since i have been overweight my whole life, i don't care for this art. We live about 30 minute from a Dali museum, i have not been there. my friend and her mother went to a yard sale out at the beach, her mother found a painting she loved for 2 dollars. when they got it home it was a Dali. a few months ago she went to have it appraised but not sure what she found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OOoooohhhhhhhhhhh this is my kinda thing; I particularly like Botero's works; some YTubers I follow were in Columbia last year and showed us lots of his work. Certainly makes the walk home a tad more entertaining! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very encouraging to have thoughtful sculptures on your walk. Dali's work is invigorating. I like his mermaid snail. Botero's bird looks cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that female snail...I've grown to love sculpure much more in recent years. Arilx [Blogger is playing up tonight!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free art for all to enjoy. More of that I say.
    Although museums are usually free to enter except for special exhibitions. Most people just don’t go. But out in the open it might just tempt them to go and see more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment