Bridges

Enough art, now some egineering.

Old and New.

Cavenagh - foot traffic only these days (and no horses or cattle - ever - it seems)




Anderson





Elgin





Jubilee (foot bridge)


...with Esplanade Theatres on the other end.

Mr T was pretty good with bridges - anything that avoided the water would be good in his view.  He did have a small panic one day when he saw Mr B climbing up onto the side of a stone bridge (to look over at the water); ran at Mr B with a 'Don't jump' moment of panic written all over him.

Who knows how or what cats really think?  However Mr T's reaction that day was completely out of his normal 'leisurely swagger' character.

No one is jumping off any of these bridges.


(Now the question - without scrolling back - how many times did Bay Sands Hotel photobomb the background?)

Comments

  1. Some amazing bridges. Something that is just a necessity has been turned into something truly beautiful.
    I think cats, and most animals are very very clever indeed. He knew his life depended on the life of his humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats don't like water. Our Domino likes to have a spit wash in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr T spent time on a careful spit wash every morning too.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    I promise, no checking back, but I did notice it truly bombing on two and may have snuck up behind another couple... didn't spoil my enjoyment of these bridges, though! I do love a bridge. The anecdote about Mr T made me smile and my heart flicker a wee bit... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the older bridges pictured were desined and or fabricated in Glasgow. I've had to take my time creeping up on the memories of Mr T. Slowly carefully.

      Delete
  4. There are some breeds of cat that like water, the Turkish Van springs to mind. Mr T's reaction was marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my cats, Duncan, loved water, would throw himself in the toilet as a tiny kitten, repeatedly, for a nice swim. When older, he'd join me in the shower, leaving his fur on my wet legs, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not count the photo bombs but did see that it was in most of the photos. it is hard to miss it for sure, looks like some dropped a table top on two buildings and it balanced there. i have to say the bridge and all the skyline photos are works of art... gorgeous skyline photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment