One a Day

I mentioned the one a day sketch prompts and have managed to stick with it for nearly 4 weeks.  A couple have stumped me (like 'draw in a museum') so I just skip those and move on.  One day I will find a museum (they are not abundant in our village/town) and sit in it to draw something I could possibly have found at the bottom of the garden (like a chair).  It doesn't say draw something you can see in said museum.

One of last week's was draw something presidential.  I admit to doing a google image search of 'presidential', was thoroughly put off by squillions of images of US Presidents (mostly recent), and settled for drawing a cheese.

Make of that what you like - some folks will understand.

I am not going to bore you with a daily sketch, but here are a few I was not too displeased with.

My favorite (which I haven't shared) is still the instruction to draw organized chaos, which captured the coffee pot and card files on my office desk.  The drawing itself was chaotic but there is an essence of a coffee pot in it.

Tomorrow it is draw a dog.  I am going to cheat and use a photograph of Nobby (from his blog) because I don't know any dogs that will sit still long enough for me to attempt to get their general outline and proportions.  I understand, Nobby, that you would be unlikely to enjoy modelling in person or in k9, even if rewards were involved, so I hope you don't mind me using your photograph.

Comments

  1. The idea of drawing a desk is like a portrait of a person, since it illustrates their approach. I think you're doing well with your drawings. The chair particularly, you're seeing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly I drew the chair by outlining the negative spaces and adding shading and a few more lines afterwards.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Short fat feet with prehensile toes - that's me.

      Delete
  3. You are very talented. I wish I could sketch like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave - drawing is just making marks on paper. Anyone can do it. I have read that the trick is not to try to create beauty, but to see the beauty in what you create.

      Delete
  4. you are truly talented, I can't draw anything that you would reconize. think how a 3 year old draws, that is what mine look like. can't wait to see TheDog... this is a good idea since you have the Gift of drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not share the DOG. I only know Nobby through his blog and it might not reflect his personality/caninality

      Delete
  5. I love the cafetiere and the vase/flagon. The meme certainly seems to be inspiring you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so thrilled and honoured to be chosen!
    Can't wait to see the result. Please do share.
    Readers of my blog will know that I am high energy, friendly and mischievous...
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    I, like others, think you are progressing well - and the best bit is sticking to the challenge because, as we all know, it's the practice that does the work! (And I am at a loss as to why, yet again, your posts are reaching me half a day later than the time it reckons they were published by the reader...sigh.... ) [oh, and several stair trips later, I am feeling the day. Several more stair trips tomorrow - one with a 25kg power pack. I might be physical wreck before even turning on the big battery!] YA xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment