Service

Note left under the bowls....

Dear Hoomans

Service standards in this diner have dropped off a cliff.  It's 2030 hours and I've been waiting ages to have my order taken.


I have to say I prefer the 'all you can eat' buffet laid out, awaiting my arrival, to this a la carte business.   

However, now that you are here taking orders, I'll have everything on the menu.

Furthermore, while you're here I'd like to mention that the toilets need upgrading and may I suggest you employ more diligent cleaners - the current standard of facilities is unhealthy.

OK OK I know that some of my fellow diners have regrettably poor control of their bowel movements, and others may simply be sociopathic filth but you can't expect your diner to get great reviews if you can't stay on top of the mess, and the health inspectors would have a field day.

When I've cleaned up the buffet and licked all the plates, I'll go and check under all the bird feeders and do a scrape of the lawn for anything those scavenging avians might might have overlooked. They are very messy eaters and are prone to a degree of squabbling amongst themselves - especially those cheeky starlings. I watch them from my daytime retreat under your shed.

Your shed by the way has the perfect amount of ground clearance for hedgehogs.  We also dash under there if we see you coming out after dark. Would you consider building in the sides a bit to improve the shelter it provides?

One last request: do something about that rat Siberian Hamster.... That won't look good on the reviews either.

Yours with prickly attitude

Meredith 

(Yes that really is my name. Please stop referring to me by your generic 'hedgie').

Comments

  1. Love to Meredith and all her prickly friends. May she and they have the pleasure of many nighttime progressive dinners (or Safari suppers as some are called) laid on for them in the neighbourhood.
    I wonder if Mr Rat takes advantage of leftovers - so he comes and comes again at frequent intervals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith sounds like he's a very educated hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith has demanding standards. Who knew a 'hedgie' could be so very particular?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ingrate Meredith is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Meredith may be an agitator, but nothing progressed in this world without agitation to make it happen! She shows spunk. We like spunk... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Wow! I would love to meet you Meredith! and looks to me like you have a fine HedgeHog Diner there.. I would keep asking for the sides to be built in though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know an ex-chief constable called Meredith (he's Welsh), known to all as Med. Would you like the antisocial behaviors of those animals reported?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love hedgehogs, use to see them all the time in Northland but I haven't seen any here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had a complaint lodged by our prickly one too...supper was late. I had brought the food back in when I spotted the magpie helping itself and then forgotten to put it back out. It was there waiting for me when I finally remembered. I can hear it digging through the stones for all the birdseed that the starlings have chucked out of the feeders during the day. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so thrilled I have found out how to comment again (blogger kept stopping me). I hope the ratty problem is sorted now, and I enjoyed reading Meredith's letter to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment