Marathon

 

I started this project while living in Greece (late 2022), worked on it during the journey back across Europe, found more interesting (or more instantly gratifying) things to do, and finally got around to finishing the knitting while in Singapore (late 2023).  Being stuck in a hotel room with only the projects you packed can focus the attention.

It took me the best part of 6 months to address sewing the sleeves to the body, (one of my least favorite parts of knitting projects) and another 2 or 3 to getting around to sewing on some buttons.

What a marathon.  Thank goodness it's over and the garment does in fact fit me!

In the meantime I've knitted dozens of hats, 5 men's pullovers, several children's cardigans and a pullover for me, and assorted squares, dishcloths and hand puppets.

Procraftination in its ultimate form...

(It's a fine art.) 

Comments

  1. But it was worth the wait. Looks very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cardigan. And it fits!
    And oh if only I was so productive a procrastinator!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea of procrastination sounds pretty busy to me! And it fits, biggest thing of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. Are you pleased with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "procraftination"....
    Seeing seams reminds me of why I knit in the round and pick up from the armholes and knit the sleeves down to the cuffs....which also makes it easier if you want to unravel back to a point beyond a worn elbow hole and reknit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely knit in the round these days and prefer top down but the 3 and 2 rib and set in sleeves defied pattern conversion so I had to do it the a*** factor way. As for worn elbows I slow stitch those back in stocking stitch style because i never thought of unpicking and reknitting them - makes perfect sense now you mention it.

      Delete
  6. you are truly gifted at knitting. wow. I tried crochet ONE TIME ONLY and manage a chain and one potholder that was UGLY... I am totally impressed with your knitting skills and the sweater its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow I will stop procrastinating.😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not knit- Yours looks like sorcery - magic!! Gorgeous and I would call it art for sure! Congratulations on completing the project- I know how that goes...but not how knitting goes. I am full of admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I see is rib - Miles and miles of rib - and thought what a champion to the cause you were. It looks like a grand sort of garment…..one you’ll feel good while wearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead right and it isn't even 2/2 rib - it is 2/3 - which meant I couldn't even get mindless about doing it. I had to do a mind reset every time I changed ends. What a stupid pattern to pick?😱

      Delete
  10. It looks perfect. Although you may have to wait a while to wear it considering the heat wave all over the northern hemisphere right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hari Om
    I remember you starting this... great to see it completed and to hear it's wearable! YAM xx (who's again wondering why this post took so long to appear on my reader...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it a relief, and an achievement, to finally get those last darn seams sewed up. It does look good though. You'll need it soon. Or even now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment