Gooseberry Garden

 Idea (in the July to-do list)

Marked out

Posts in and half-rounds attached to bring it all up to level; compost & compostibles chucked in there

Horse poo

Pea straw

Just need to barrow in about 1.5 cubic metres of topsoil (from this pile)...

...and then I can plant out the 6 gooseberry bushes I split from the tangle my bro gave me (varities unknown), and the two blueberries I bought Mr B for his birthday.  There will be room for one more - probably also a blueberry (a rabbit-eye; as the two we have are varieties of Northern Highbush).

I've left the corner posts sticking up to support building a fruit cage.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I am already salivating at the thought of those future fruits!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad always calls them goosegogs. Love them in a crumble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them ripe and straight off the bush.

      Delete
  3. My godfathers, you do work hard, F. You will be richly rewarded, I'm quite sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hard work - just persistence. My bro reckons everyone has a superpower - mine is digging postholes.

      Delete
  4. Persistence and patience. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all berries, including blueberries, but have not tasted gooseberries.. hope the house is going up fast and furious now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment