This time a top down pullover with saddle shoulders. This yarn was unbranded white charity shop 'wool' which I suspect is really a blend. It was put through the same dye batch as the yellow rhubarb dye in my own jumper and came out a yellowish beige.🫣 Synthetic fibres don't take natural dye at all well.
At least its not optical white😎
Linking up with Yam Aunty's Saturday Stitches.

interesting to see the different colour that you achieved with rhubarb leaves. As you say, wool is best for dyeing
ReplyDeleteI intend to try other fluff and fur and feathers - alpaca, angora... need to find a white cook too😁
DeleteHari Om
ReplyDeletePerhaps not, but I still like that colour - nice and neutral to go with just about anything else worn with it. Looking forward to seeing the FO. I've read about saddle shoulders am a long way off attempting that style. YAM xx
A good country colour. And a lovely pullover being knitted. We'll done to your crafty hands, as they say here 😁
ReplyDeleteNot enough in this colour so it will be a two-tone pullover when completed.
DeleteI rather like the color ~ it should go with lots of other colors. I really need to learn how to knit!
ReplyDeleteI don't regard knitting as difficult but i was taught in my preschool years - most people find it takes too long to get results rather than it being at all difficult to do. I knit on autopilot these days so it more a kind of moving meditation - something I choose to do daily.
DeleteI look for wool in op shops too, sometimes at the local Salvation army op shop they bag up balls of certain colours together, it's a great way of getting wool on the cheap, have a nice week.
ReplyDeleteI kinda have to - I go through so much of it and being brought up on a sheep farm I am philosopically and morally insistent on using wool.
Delete