Stitchery

I'm not altogether impressed with having to be a knitwear model; especially of items not designed for my cranial dimensions.




Apparently F was doing experimental stuff - something called a Chinese Waitress cast-on with a crochet hook and Fisherman's rib in two colours in the round.  Means nothing to me and F was heard to comment that she can't imagine a Chinese Waitress carrying her knitting about in her apron pocket.

Mr B likes the hat but has asked for one that matches his teal and purple jumper.  Would that be too twee?  Matching stuff!

We've had a lot of rain and I had to stay with F and Mr B one night because my family didn't come home.  The island between the bridges might have been flooded again. Walkies were cancelled that day and I've never been so bored...just sitting around watching F do knitting.  More on that project next week.

Joining up with Yam Aunty's Saturday Stitches.

Yours
Scully

Comments

  1. That crochet cast on sounds like the provisional cast on I do for toe up socks. It's very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being very patient, Scully!
    It is looking exceedingly wet in your neck of the woods...stay dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh, I don't know Scully, that cap has a certain something on your bonce! Tell F I have used that cast-on method a couple of times myself and like the edging it gives. Also, as one who makes a beanie to match just about all my shawls/scarves/jumpers, I see nothing twee about Mr B's request! Jus' sayin'... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Scully, it does suit you, even if it's not quite your style. I think Mr B would look very smart in a teal and purple hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little hat and it looks very sharp on you! Mom was knitting a baby sweater last month so I get how boring it is. Have you seen Billy and Molly? The film helps pass the time.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=billy+and+molly+an+otter+love+story&mid=5065D1993BC0F6B856FC5065D1993BC0F6B856FC&churl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fchannel%2fUCpVm7bg6pXKo1Pr6k5kxG9A&FORM=VIRE

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colour and the hat really suit scully, but whether he keeps it on or not is another matter, have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve never heard of it. Looks like I’m going to have to do some research
    I do like the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour was accidental - 2 bulky pure wool yarns in a cheap charity shop bundle.

      Delete

Post a Comment