Not Fair

Scully here - concrete day came and went. I railed at being consistently restrained and prevented from inspecting the developments.

Barbeque assaulted my nostrils around mid-morning and just as that was getting really interesting F got all enthusiastic about going for a WALK. What a dilemma! 

When I got back it was to discover that the barbeque food had been consumed by the human gannets and the bones had been thrown in a big hole - inaccessible to me. *

I tried in vain for three days to work out how to spirit those bones out of that hole.  I even barked vigorously at Scotty to get him to help. He just complained to F that I'd gone mad.  Mad! I'll show him mad. And to think he used to be my friend when he worked with my huMUM. 

That build-site has consumed more than it's share of buried bones one way or another.  There should be more consideration for poor starving k9s.

Yours

Scully

*A hole dug to be the foundations of the verandah posts: to be filled with concrete at some future date.

Comments

  1. Ah, poor Scully, but you know cooked bones aren't good for you. The two-legs are looking after you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't make me feel any better Janice. They might have saved me a sausage.

      Delete
  2. Poor Scully. Skin and bone, wasting away. Such cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the nerve of some humans!! BBQ and NONE for Scully?? That is just so inconsiderate. Selfish humans. But i assume the walk was nice enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk was ok - at least the rain had cleared and left nice fresh clean scents.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    this is outrageous news, Scully mate! I have to say, though, that I rather like the idea that in a thousand years time, archaeologists might be pondering over the 21st century midden discovered on yonder hill... and, quite pawssibly, whether the canine bones were part of the food picture and whether the technology of that future can tell that the poor wee doggy was actually starved to death? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx (who hopes the next barbie is more productive to dietary addition!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was some discussion about finding me and the bones preserved in concrete in some future geological age.

      Delete

Post a Comment