Last week's jumper has progressed down to the split for sleeves and body. I'm not convinced the pattern has allowed enough length in the yoke so added a bit and still have my doubts. I'll measure it when I've completed all the increases.
Meanwhile I'm preparing more charity shop yarn (which I hope is mostly wool, some mohair possibly, and possibly some angora mix) for some more natural dying. This time I plan a rhubarb leaf mordant and an avocado skin dye.
So many different textures and blends but all double-knit. I figure if one can knit a garment in different colours one can design something in one colour with different yarn textures and finishes.
What it amounts to is an inexpensive pursuit of creative hobbies...
Joining up with Yam Aunty's Saturday Stitches


Hari OM
ReplyDeleteOh yes, definitley, lots of textures and perhaps stitches to go with those textured yarns... this could be a delicious (and perhaps learning curve/opportunity) project!
I am feeling a bit adrift with my projects at the moment because it has just been too busy and too hot on this trip away to really get stuck into them. Though there are signs of a cooling in the air... fingers crossed! YAM xx
I seldom knit in summer - it is a winter evening (or in past times a winter commute) activity.
DeleteI definitely think that’s a great idea.
ReplyDeleteCheap and better for the environment.
I never follow the pattern sizing anymore. I measure the person who will receive the finished product
My decision was definitely confirmed with the last knitted piece I made for Georgia
Our bodies are not all the same so it doesn’t really make sense to stick to general measurements
I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.
I can't wait to see the results!
ReplyDeleteVery creative . It will be interesting to see how the different yarns take up the colour.
ReplyDeleteI do love dyeing yarn. And harvesting yarn from thrift shop sweaters!
ReplyDeleteNow that I'm beginning to get back into circulation again, I was glad to see that you're still at it. I'm terribly envious of the yarn-related efforts and wish you much success. I've had a chance to experiment with making natural inks recently when a neighbor's elderberry bushes went mad with fruit and she welcomed me to take what I wanted, since the local birds have much more than they need. So I pinched enough to make a couple of bottles of ink and have plans to use a bit to write a letter to a former student. It's beautifully red in the bottle, and stained a coffee filter with that same red--but the ink is blue. The alcohol and baking soda didn't oo much to preserve the red. Anyway, I'm glad you're there still and will be making a much stronger effort to peek in on you much more often. Hope your weather isn't nearly as hot as ours, but from news reports fear tha it is.
ReplyDeleteGosh you're clever, I wouldn't know how to make a jersey or a cardigan, are you making it for yourself or someone else (sorry can't remember), have a nice week.
ReplyDelete