Third

For some reason I'm unable to get comments to publish on other blogs.  Blogger glitch of some kind perhaps.... Why are these things never universal? Some suffer, most don't get affected.

We are into our third nor'west storm in two weeks. Chinook. It gets wearing.

Equinoxial gales? Super El NiƱo?

Scully is on a 3-day sleepover while her family is away at some rubgy event for her older human sister.  She's missing her humum but rather keen on the sheepskin I have let her occupy while the wind has us trapped indoors.

The build moved on a bit this week...
...and this morning to roofers came out in driving rain to measure up.

The plywood shell is 'bracing' (stops racking; diagonal movement of the wooden frames), and will be covered by an outer cladding in due course.

Shallots and garlic have pushed up from the earth in the veg garden



Tiny fungi bloomed on the track last week - like a blaze of dessicated coconut dashed about

Each new exciting fungus only seems to last a few days to a week. Maybe they are day length linked.  The tiny ones make me crave a super macro camera.  There is so much to see in their tiny structures.

And to finish off a video of frost evaporating when sunlight hit the neighbours garage a week or so ago


Comments

  1. Scully looks so lost on the sheepskin rug eventhough he knows you're the best auntie ever.
    The evaporating frost reminds me of rain water evaporating off hot tarseal after a short summer shower here.
    An amazing sight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such progress in my absence.
    The house is looking impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same issue with commenting for 2 days but I'm hoping now it's sorted itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger has sorted its quirky self!!
    We are having wind and rain..but not as extreme as yours.
    Scully has got a very comfortable place!!
    Things still carry on despite the crazy weather (I saw photos of the snow in Arthur's Pass this morning!) Thanks for the allium reminder. I must sort my alliums ready for planting soon.

    Doesn't rain always arrive at critical points in building ventures?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always marvel at the hidden tiny world. It almost looks like it’s an alien planet
    Maybe they were the inspiration for “ night of the triffids “

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scully looks very conformable. I hope human sissy's rugby event went well! Juno

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment