Scully here - strange old day, rain and warm sunshine like alternating turns on a chessboard.
Walk was cut short when F announced impending drowned rat status. What does she think I'm made of? Paper?
Apparently she didn't want to get her new straw hat wet. I supervised the raggedy old one being stripped of the tape holding it together and ceremoniously chopped up and dropped in the compost bin. "Next year," said F, "it will be parsnips."
Not sure I like parsnips. Roasted in goose fat - maybe...
These humans had bacon scented something for breakfast. It's unfair. It's unkind even, not to make a whole extra plate with eggs, bacon, sausage (or burger, I'll accept substitutions), lashings of butter and some melty cheese. F told me I'd get heart disease. Is that even a thing? Food goes into my tummy not my heart.
F eats porridge. I didn't even get porridge this morning. Lean pickings. I could fade right away - thin as a sheet of paper and 'pooof' disappear in a gust of wind.
My sisters are on school holiday so my grand-ma-and-pa are staying with us. They're alright. I can get two walks a day if I play it right; F in the morning, grandparents in the afternoon.
My Dad's at home more these days too - it is slow season on the mussel farms - but I don't hang out with Dad so much. I do wander back and forth between encampments to see who is being more interesting (or less boring - F has been pushing sandpaper over something in her shed - boring - ).
![]() |
| Boring view. |
Someone needs to kick my football.
Volunteers being recruited - applications on a postcard. CVs longer than that will be automatically culled. Address: Scully, Kaiuma Bay. Pay is licks, tail wags and quite a bit of appreciative bouncing. Successful applicant will be permitted to walk anywhere, go boating (provided I go too), and is expected to share bacon sandwiches.
Regards
Scully
PS - I smelled paté on the table at evening meal time. F eats humus (I got a lick of that), but hard as I might stare at Mr B the paté biscuit didn't fall to the floor. These humans need some retraining.


Comments
Post a Comment