Strawberry hat finishedStrawberry hat finished.
Followed by a chullo in recycled homespun, home dyed. It needs a jolly good pressing.
Lastly a 'skating' hat - knitted flat -
Then joined up in an interesting and convoluted way to become thisI finished the knitting without enough yarn for the cast-off row so I'll unpick the cast-on edge (which is jolly untidy anyway) and use it to graft the two edges together.






I've never seen a skating hat. Interesting.
ReplyDeleteIf you go into Ravelry and look for skating hats you get a range of styles in patterns that look like they were printed in the Victorian era - some hilarious. Skating clearly a style statement.
DeleteMore amazing hats. The strawberry one with its stalk is so cute. The skating hat is intriguing. I might have to make one
ReplyDeleteAhhh with winter coming. I have to say that pattern could be clearer about the decreases and increases because you start with 31 stitches and should aim to get back to 31 every place that you depart from it. Otherwise - it's very easy to do.
DeleteHari OM
ReplyDeleteYou and I might have to form a club... the Hat Hags! Drops patterns are always good value I find and that hat construction fascinates me... as I am currently working on a short/long rows 'flat' construction technique with my own exploration. Quite likely others have already done it, but I'm resisting going down yet another online rabbit warren! YAM xx
See my reply above - easy pattern but stitch count is more important than they set out.
DeleteKnitting is supposed to comfort you not leave you on edge wondering if you have enough yarn.
ReplyDeleteI love the anticipation (I had a back-up plan) In any event it only took a couple of hours to knit so unpicking it and modifying the stitch count would have been Plan C.
DeleteVery cool! I can't crochet anything as clever as that, have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteWOW - if I had made those hats I would really think I was boss of the world. The strawberry is so perfect! Well done, Ms. fingers!!
ReplyDelete