Tigger on the Subject of Tigger

If you hadn’t noticed it in the photos you might have guessed from the name that I arrived in this world decorated with stripes.  I’ve still got stripes in fact and expect to stay that way for life.  I’m very proud of my stripes.  I think they are elegant, suave and sophisticated.  Such striped perfection is anything but common despite human prejudice: tabby cat, common moggy......who do they think they are referring to?  Me? 

Not me.

In French I am Le Tigré.  Now that’s a moniker with more than a nod to my big orange cousins.  F was learning French around the time I adopted them and referred to me over the weeks that I spent checking out their garden and house as Le Tigré.  Now here, I thought, is a human that acknowledges my status, respects and understands my cool charm, my refined chic, my lithe and sinuous grace.  (*Note from the secretary:Mr B tells me he did the ‘eyes’ things like the cat in Shrek.)

Imagine my dismay to discover on moving in that they decided I need a name, “...as opposed to a description” she said, and they turned Le Tigré into plain ol’ Tigger.  It ain’t common I tell you; it’s just a human thing this naming business.  The more familiar they get the more the name morphs: Mr T – is OK, Wigger Woo – is not.  Moosh is just plain weird, and oi usually means I am in some kind of trouble.

Comments