Microwave

It’s a box on top of the fridge.  It whirrs.  It lights up.  It goes bing!  Mr B makes his ‘horlinks’ hot in it before he goes to bed. 

I have been willing it to die.  I give it my best ‘wither and die’ look whenever I am doing ‘time to kill’ in the kitchen.

You see, I like chicken.  I like fresh chicken.  I like roasted chicken.  At a pinch I will eat chicken legs that have been frozen and thawed out to room temperature.  Chicken legs thawed in the microwave, however, have very cold bits, and very hot bits, cooked bits and raw bits …..how many times have I been surprised by the hot bit?

And it’s not ‘delicious-hot’ like roast chicken  F always blows on the roast chicken for me; royal food taster.  I notice she doesn’t test the micro-waved chicken (or the cat biscuits and mush out of pouches) – only the roast pork and chicken.  Tells you a lot about cat-food that does…..

Yesterday there was a plunk sound when Mr B took his milk out of the microwave.  Today he put the microwave in the van and took it away.  Yippee!  Yahoo! Hurrah! Hooray!  Sweeeeeeeeet.

The ‘look’ works.

Comments

  1. I wish the plunk sound happened to all hair dryers and vacuum cleaners Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigger, i have a feeling that a new one might appear in the same spot. Humans find it impossible to live without the microwave. Tell F to do what I do for Beau... anything heated for Beau in the Bing Machine, I cut into small pieces and touch each piece to my own tongue before putting in his bowl.. Daddy doesn't do that so that means Mama doesnt let daddy heat Beaus food... did you get all that? for just in case another one comes to live with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PEE SS Mama doesn't taste test dog food but then it is dry and needs no heat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment