String

What is it about string?  I just have to stalk and kill it.  String trails about the lawn and garden, it trails about in the house occasionally.  Sometimes short pieces of it are attached to shoes.  It ties up Christmas decorations and brown paper parcels.  F knits stringy stuff into things she wears. 

F’s stringy stuff is fun because it comes in round balls that are good for batting around the house before I kill the string itself.

Other string moves along in a twitchy sort of way; it clings to the carpet and the grass like it’s pretending to be stationary and then it springs slightly.  That’s when I pounce on it. 

String tends to follow my humans around, and the best pounces are on the sneaky bits that they are unaware of.  I protect them from twitchy bits of string that are trying to sneak up on them.  I am the Furred Avenger.

It’s not an easy job being ‘Furred Avenger’ and killer of string.  String fights back.  The most dangerous kinds even try to wind themselves around their victims, but I am a Master with a black belt in the marital art of wrestling string; it can’t outwit me.
Black belt in string-wrestling

Comments

  1. you were funny in 2012 and you are still funny now. I came to tell your mom yes we have local honey, I don't know how far bees can fly, but the places that have beehives are 30 miles from us. they may have a honey hive somewhere. in fact i am sure they do . somewhere in a tree maybe but not the kind to be harvested. how do you get old post to show, is it a gadget? willl check that out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment