Mechaniking

Mr B has a van.  They had the van when I adopted them, but it used to be parked across the street at that house.  I’m allowed in the van (unlike the car). I always inspect any cardboard boxes being stowed in the back.  I like riding short distances in the van (mainly to the railway station and back because further makes me feel a bit sick), but my main interest in the van is my responsibility for its mechanical integrity.

With all the rain we have I spend a lot of time sitting under the van.  It is parked in the drive now, just beside the front door into the house.  So under it, I’m dry, and ready for their arrival home if they have been out somewhere on bikes or walking. 

Consequently I’ve had time and opportunity to study the bits of the van that move and get warm.  When Mr B puts the front flap up and gets his big box of clattering things out of the garage and spreads them all over the drive, I supervise and explain to him what he needs to be doing.  I’m sure that he is not listening sometimes but between us we manage to keep the old banger going. 

I do some of the mechaniking on my sports car as well, and that’s an old rust bucket too.  Maybe I should talk him into trading them both in on a new shiny sports car for me.  Red like the tool box?  Dark green?  Midnight blue?

Mechaniking my Sportscar

Comments