Scratching Post

I get yelled at if I decide after sleeping to stretch my back near a piece of furniture or on the long curtains.  You know the form – reach high, hang on, arch away…. You have got those damned opposable thumbs.  I have to hang on with my toenails, and it gets me yelled at.

How dare they?  It’s all my furniture after all even if I do share it with them, but there was however, a piece of furniture near the door that I can pick on all I like – and not just for stretching.  It was covered in rope but I managed to destroy that (and all F’s attempts to repair the rope – haha), and then most of the cardboard tube that the rope was wrapped on.  Shredding cardboard is sooooooo satisfying.

F complained about the shredded cardboard but she had to accept that it’s the lesser of two evils – shredded cardboard or shredded curtains.

One rainy day just before Christmas she came in with a huge thing covered in some sort of woven string material; a thing big enough for me to sit on it’s furry top.  My scratching post disappeared and this ‘thing’ took its place.  I assume that as it has replaced my shredded cardboard/rope tube, I am allowed to vent on it whenever I like. 

So it’s mine.  Really mine.

It looks a bit like one of their stools, and I have caught a human or two trying it out for a seat (grrrrr). Mine.  All mine – no sharing.

It’s kind of OK.  It does have the advantage of giving me a higher vantage point for overseeing activity in the back garden.  It smells new though and needs some work to make it comfortably ragged - and expose the cardboard….

Comments