Turn of Speed

F has renamed my rusty old sports car “The ATV”.  We left the allotment late last night just as the light was dying.  There were no dog walkers about so we took the longer ‘on-road’ route along the footpath, rather than bumping across the Common, and F got out of second gear.  We hurtled home.  There is a turn of speed left in the old girl yet.

We flashed past that family with the small child who always wants to pat me.  We have encountered them out walking before now.  However they have learned I don’t hang around for petting by children.  This time, at the speed we were travelling, they just flattened themselves against the fence, laughing, as we shot past and I didn’t have to disembark and make my own escape on foot.

Thus it was that we arrived home disappointingly soon.  I refused to get out at the parking space so F did a couple of fast laps of the back lawn with steep banking turns – I don’t know what she was on but this just got better and better.

I want to be a racing driver.

http://www.bydavepalmer.com/2010/09/sept-2-2010/




After that we lay on the grass and watched our Batty Bat flitting around silhouetted against the last light in the sky.  (He's a quick mover too.)

Comments

  1. Don't get done for speeding Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we had your courage Tigger. We used to go into next doors garden that was a lovely wilderness and we could hide in the bushes but then those men came and cleared the lot and paved it.
      Rupert, Rowan, Princess, Willow and Mummy Polly.
      xxxxx

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to read you lost your wilderness place. We all need one of those. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. My husband walks nearly every day, and used to tell me stories of a big guy who used to walk his cat on a leash...I wish I could have seen that, because I've never seen a cat that was happy on a leash.
    You have such a need for speed! Do you bank the turns when you're running through the house?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment