Other Cats at My Allotment.

I have to keep a close eye on F.  She spends a lot of time up at the allotment, but she's usually head down and arse up and doesn't see what's going on around her.

Cats can sneak right up to her and she's completely oblivous.  She's in danger of course, in danger of making friends with another feline, and I have to protect her from her own foolishness.

Sometimes I sit in the APV (all purpose vehicle) from whence I can observe the activities of other felines without them suspecting me.  Sometimes I keep lookout from the roof of the shed, but it takes a bit long to get down from there in an emergency.

Last Saturday, I caught F weeding onions only inches from the white and black cat that plagues our plot.  It had sneaked through the shallots and was lounging (yes, lounging) just inches away - she hadn't seen it!

What do you do with humans like that?  Even when I went into crouch-ready-for-the-kill mode, it took her a while to catch on.  A huge patch of white in a green and brown background - she must be blind or something.  When the light finally came on in her head, and the intruder, seeing the flicker realized it was potentially outnumbered, it departed at speed

      - and I chased it.

That's the second time I've had to see that cat off - it's taking liberties now.

Comments