Stirred (Not Shaken)

Mealtimes for humans seem to be quite regular arrangements in my household, and in neighbouring ones too if the range of smells is any indication.

If the range of smells is any indication, humans seldom eat the same thing two meals in a row.  I wonder why they might think that cats would enjoy an unvaried diet any more than they do…

That processed wet cat food might come in different coloured pouches and might look different colours to them, but I could tell them (if they would only listen) that its all the same stuff with different food colouring additives.  Ok, Ok some has got gravy and some is set in jelly, some looks like flakes and some has the texture of chopped luncheon sausage, but its all the same stuff underneath.  Some manufacturers even seem to work on the belief that adding vegetables somehow makes it more attractive.  Attractive to whom?  Humans?  If so humans should eat the vile stuff.   Cats are carnivores; not omnivores, definitely not vegetarians – carnivores.  We eat meat.

And as for cardboard cat biscuits – well my views on those are already published in this blog.

I snack my food – a little now and then.  I definitely do not ‘wolf’ food down – that is for dogs.  Ideally food should be freshly killed and still warm.  Sitting around in a stainless steel bowl it gets warm alright, but it definitely isn’t fresh.

We have come to an arrangement however – I will condescend to address the leftovers a few hours later,  if the staff will ensure they are carefully stirred and decanted into a freshly cleaned bowl.




 

Comments