Hotel El Gato - The Bug Hotel

Imperial expansion was followed by a period of land clearance.  The new plot had some bits covered with some sort of black material.  On top of that, and buried in long grass, there was an amazing assortment of stuff that humans leave lying around when they depart a scene....
 
F collected up one trailer load of 'stuff' and took it away, and gathered the rest into one corner of what she refers to as 'Morgan's orchard' (she tells me that means '2 pairs' or is that pears?)  Anyway the junk in the corner of Morgans Orchard became Hotel El Gato.
 
I'm quite pleased with this development.  I used to sit inside this round metal thing anyway before the previous occupier of this land moved it and stood it upright.
 
Now it has a Hobbit door, an internal divider, a comfortable bed of folded black fabric, signs (not that they make a great deal of difference to the usefulness of the place), and some sort of arrangement for bugs - for solitary bees mostly.  I wouldn't rave about sharing my hotel with bugs, but as it's bees I'll let her away with it.  Their accommodation forms good back wall to my own share of the internal space. 
 
 
 
 
F has also cleared a patch all round and tells me she has sowed wild flower seeds - a Monet Mix - so I am eagerly anticpating some colour wafting around the view from my door; Summer breezes, the gentle hum of insects..... 

Comments