Sewing Room

F calls the little bedroom downstairs the 'crafts room'.  Mr B calls it the sewing room.  He has a point.  F goes in there to sew. The walls are stacked nearly to the roof with stuff she makes human clothes out of - she calls it material.

Bags and boxes of 'material' are stacked on the floor.  Part made human clothes hang off the top shelves.  I have previously blogged about sewing and called it boring, but this new sewing arrangement has given me opportunity to review that.  I can sit on the sewing table (try that in the dining room and I got short shrift), and have observed that a sewing machine has moving parts.  F pushes bits of material around in it.  I like moving parts.  And I like bits of material; they are good to sit on.  That really gets her attention.

The best bit however is the ironing board.  Sewing gets squashed and rubbed with a hot thing on a board that is close to the sewing table.  I can jump from the sewing table to the ironing board; it's higher and gives me a different view on the sewing.  It has also alerted me to the amount of heat being used in this squashing and rubbing process, and the amount of heat going unused while she sews more bits to squash. 

Supervision is therefore essential - I have to keep a very close watch over this neglected heat and ensure it is not wasted.

F note: one way to bring a Tigger out of hiding is to leave enough time (prior to departing the house) to do a little sewing.  His arrival in the sewing room following the sound of the sewing machine is now almost instantaneous.  I guess it will only be a matter of time before he works out the difference between a sewing session and a noise that precedes leaving the house.  That's the game.........

Comments