46A

Graham's allotment has new gardeners.  F doesn't need to keep it tidy any more.  She's quite relieved really - from a situation where none of the 3 adjoining allotments, nor either of the 2 on diagonals (i.e. 5 around no 47) NONE were gardened.  We now have 3 very active neighbours: Lee - with Jess the dog and his wildlife pond, Sherril - with Mark (who likes cats and hates gardening - I can tell - he'd rather be on water like Mr B), and now Sarah - with her small human Sam.  Actually Sam's OK, so I supervise him quite a bit too.

Despite Jess the dog, we're part of a nice little community and on Saturday we even introduced ourselves to Sheila who has moved onto Lee's old plot.  I preferred him over there, Jess the dog was further away.  However, F likes him gardening the bigger plot next door, so she has got a job to do to build me some more safe zones; places dogs can't reach from which I can safely (and smugly) keep an eye on Jess chasing that silly toy.

(Since I dictated this to F, one of the diagonal allotments is showing signs of occupation too - F has her fingers crossed, I just hope whoever it is, is as nice as Gronya was when she was there.)

Comments