Cosmozoo



It was on a homeward leg of one of our commutes that we stopped off at Cosmozoo.  F tried to tow Donkey into the shop discreetly, but there is nothing discreet about a bike trailer shopping cart with a cat riding on top.  We made it to the catfood aisle and were discussing menus when we realized the shop had come to a standstill.  I was mobbed.  The staff all crowded around.  I was photographed, and petted (of course – everyone does that), and there were loads of questions.  I leave all interviews to my secretary.

That was the first of what had become a regular outing; a Donkey ride to Cosmozoo to choose food and charm the staff.  I am even allowed to taste-test the biscuits. 

Ordinarily, I’ve refused to eat cat biscuits (you can read my earlier views on the cardboard varieties that got fed to the crows in our Havant garden), but I have come around to a view that a meal is not properly garnished or presented if not topped off with a sprinkling of something crunchy, or has a little crunch on the side; just a little.

So we test them; well I test them.  We get what I like.  F doesn’t test them so she’s got no idea.  I could be choosing the cat equivalent of Jelly Beans and turning down a healthy fruit salad for all she knows.  

And of course I admit nothing.



Comments