Going Soft Over 'The Cat'


It was on one of those Donkey trips to Cosmozoo that we encountered 3 young lads (say 12 years old, my age) trying to kick the doors open on the bottle recycling machine.  (People poke hundreds of cans and plastic bottles into it and get some kind of ‘credit’ they can spend.  It looks like an essential source of income for some of the people I have passed queuing to process the contents of enormous bags and homemade ‘donkeys’.)

Anyway these lads appeared to be intent on some form of destruction and by the time we’d come upon them it was too late for F to take avoiding action.  We had to drive straight past.  They stopped kicking.  They went quiet and polite.  They cooed over the cat and asked if it was OK to touch him – and did so ever so gently.  They asked lots of questions………over to my secretary…..I don't do interviews.


F says I bring out the nice parts of humans.  I make people smile.  Together on our travels (me and Donkey) we spread a little happiness.
I make people smile.....

Comments