Pet Friendly Hotels

Formula 1, Reims, France, my introduction to hotels was hardly a statement in luxury nor a suitable billet for a rock star.  It was a bunkroom and didn't even have a private bathroom for me.  I was allocated a corner under a handbasin!





And to make matters worse my staff got themselves a takeaway meal from a nearby Chinese restaurant and ate it in the room.



At least I had control of the TV.















Como, Italy, was a vast improvement: decent bathroom, comfortable bed and settee, view over the garden.  Now we are starting to get the hang of this.

Bari, Italy, and I had to question the direction of things.... big room but separate beds.  There was also an ante-room we shared with an adjoining room which had a smokey grey cat with enormous eyes pushing aside the curtains and peering through the glass doors of that room.

We arrived in darkness and had to negotiate a garden, empty swimming pool and steps to a semi-basement level sunken garden for this one.  It might have been interesting but I wasn't allowed to explore.

Since then it has been AirBnB and ART hotels.  I have decided that I have a definite preference for white linen and sunlit balconies.



And I insist on inspecting the space outside that door: stairs lifts, reception.  My secretary has been instructed to compile my reviews.

Comments