It's called a jigsaw puzzle.... well here's a puzzle for them

Remember this?
Well now it looks like this...



See that little hole in the middle?  They have never let me go onto the dining room table, but they were doing something up there that needed my supervision.  They can't stay indoors all day every day.  Sometimes I get the run of the place on my own.  I hid that piece.

We have an established game of 'hide the bling' - a couple of shiny xmas decorations that I purloined and managed to keep.  I knock them around at night and they have to find them in the day time.  I win if they can't find them before it gets dark again. 

Gold shiny things get a bit difficult to hide after a while and they know all the places to look.  A small piece of cardboard is a completely different story. I'd won before they even knew it was missing.

When they did know it was missing, they turned the apartment upside down looking for it - peeled up the rugs, moved the chairs, the coffee table and the cat beds, swept under the table and the sofa.

One day when they were out I casually poked it out where Mr B would see it coming back through the door.  They know I put it there because it is one of the places they look for my 'bling' and they would have seen it before now.  They have to know I put it there or they would think they had simply dropped it behind the settee, and that wouldn't make my point.

My point being: I need to watch this puzzling process from a vantage point on the table - or they should move the puzzle to the floor if necessary to preserve their illusion that I don't sit on their precious table.

Comments