Text 6 for exercise permit

F took me for a walk when she went out for her permitted exercise yesterday.  We took the backpack instead of Donkey.  It was raining lightly by then so there were not many people about, and we walked around the road between the land and the sea.  

I have never been that way on foot before - only in the van and as it is  one way street I have never before looked at it the 'coming back way.

We went to a beach with sand on it and it looked like we would have it all to ourselves, but just as we arrived some people arrived with a pack of enormous dogs and let them all off the leash.  F zipped the lid shut on my backpack and we beat a hasty retreat.  Instead we stopped at the top of the hill and watched housemartins wheeling about in the sky over what looks like a closed up park.  Some of it might have fallen into the sea.  The humans are fenced out of it now.  It would make a nice garden for me though. 

Near home again I also got a good look at those rickety stairs that F risks both our lives on to to go our own beach.  To be fair someone did some repairs on them recently.  A couple of the steps had collapsed, and I even heard F and Mr B discussing doing the repairs themselves at one stage, but before F gathered up the courage to make the repairs somebody else did it.  There are still lots of rotten bits though.

Now that I have seen a sandy beach and compared it to our own beach I can't imagine why anyone would prefer sand (other than for digging in).  There is nowhere to hide on a sandy beach.  Our beach has all sorts of interesting nooks and crevices, places to get shelter, or shade, or simply to stay out of sight..... and green bits..... and no big dogs tearing about 

Comments