Style Piles

She's done it again.  She calls it stash-busting and it seems to consist of emptying cupboard contents onto the bedroom floor, pushing them around a bit making 'style-piles', leaving it like that for a week or two and eventually putting it back in the cupboard.

It used to involve moving things from shelves where she could see them to cupboards where she couldn't (and back again).

Some of the style-piles get draped over chairs by the table or stacked on one end of the ironing board (from whence they get shifted to the table or back of the sofa), but they all end up back in the cupboard eventually; earlier than eventually if we are expecting visitors.

I like stash-busting, it gives me a wider range of things to sit on (and contribute my fur to).

Comments

  1. It sounds like me. I could never throw anything out
    But eventually I had to concede I just didn’t have the room
    Then I did it in small increments
    But the trick is to throw it out straight away. Or it ends up back where it was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advice noted. My weaknesses are lush fabrics (in natural fibres in particular) and knitting yarns in natural animal fibres (wool or alpaca mainly). I had a huge throw out before we moved to Greece - about halved the craft room stash - which was made lot easier by having a local charity shop (supporting a hospice) that specialized in collecting and selling only craft materials. You feel kind of wholesome giving the culled stash to a place where someone else might view it with the same avarice that made you stash it in the first place. I've resolved to reduce by 50% every year thereafter (which if you think about it is a smaller and smaller challenge but endless). It also results in the best stuff going first, or the bits that can be used together going first and being left with the 'nice but odd'. Every now and then I plan out a small range of kids clothes, or a collection of tote bags, to use the pieces too small for adult clothing, make the 'style-piles' accordingly, and proceed to work through the vision. That's been behind the current cupboard to floor exercise.

      Delete
  2. Our Millie would love those piles. She loves new things to sit on (like a pile of clean washing) and leaves great clumps of black fur behind to show she has been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    I am one of those declutterers of life. I love stuff. I also love to shift stuff... and yes, my angel Jasper cat loved my 'pyles'!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment