Theologos, Thassos

 



Mountains. The soundtrack here is birdsong, a dull rattle of water trickling in a downpipe, and a distant barking dog.

What do you mean that sound isn't running water? 

See those distant moving black dots Tigger? They are goats. Goats wearing bells. Lots of bells. 

The bells. The bells.

Our landlady said we have to keep the roller door shut at the entrance to the courtyard otherwise the goats come in.

Nice of someone to build goats a house ... with furniture .... but it encourages them to take liberties 

OK - now I've seen a goat close up, I don't want one (or several) sharing my courtyard. In fact after my concerted attempt to get out and explore,  seeing some goats plunking up the rocks behind the house sent me straight back indoors. I'm a town cat. F says I'd like it here but I'm not so sure. Goats are big and I get the impression they eat rocks.  Judging by the waft on the breeze, they also smell strongly. 

I suppose I should be grateful they can't sneak up on me.

A cockerell crowed nearby. They sound big too; big and determined. This is no place for a town cat.


Main street

It's not like Greece doesn't get earthquakes...

However, when you have that many rocks you might be inclined to get creative with them - like building little walls around olive trees on hillsides, to level a bit out and retain some soil for your tree to grow in.  In some places (where it wasn't safe to stop and take photos) whole hillsides were terraced with carefully constructed stone retaining walls.

Available rocks - olive trees grow here....

Bedroom space for an olive tree

Rocks in water (just because there were)
And finally,  today's small shrine. This one was overlooking that rock stack.





Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Crikey - goats are unpredictable beasts, with much 'character'... you are wise to avoid them Mr T!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. All mod cons. See the black one even has the doorbell?

      Delete
  3. Looks like that is the same outdoor furniture set that we have, isn't that hilarious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were visiting Greece last. Our neighbour, how is greek too, wanted a pic of a goat
    It didn’t take long to find one and he was satisfied lol
    And yes. They do smell. It’s the bucks. They stink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment