Gone Cat

They went out carrying the cat crate and came back with an empty crate. I can't find the orange thing anywhere.

During the week that he was here he was called a different name every day - today it was Squirt.  Squirt was starting to get on my tail.  He was certainly a gutsy little blighter.  I did my best to look and sound forbidding but had to resort to a straight-right in the end.  All that achieved was that he never approached me from the front and I had to get eyes in the back of my head (or end of my tail). 

One of the names F joked about calling him was Simba.  We have been following the story of a cycling cat called Nala.. you get the picture?  

F tells me his new family plan to call him Simba.  Now there's karma for you.  He's smart and gutsy and has the potential to grow into a pretty special character - in his own space and without me cramping his style.  So the name might be appropriate.

He's had a good teacher, but there is one thing he lacks that will never make him a Tigger....

... he's scared of the vacuum cleaner.

I love a good vacuuming.  Like everything I do that sets me apart (riding on Donkey, driving the gardener's van, playing spy games, and getting a vacuum bath) - all these things were my idea; I instigated them.  I sidled up to F one day while she was cleaning and asked for a vacuum bath and it has been my special treat ever since.  I'm not dead keen on my tail being sucked into the pipe, but apart from that its a great way to get rid of loose fur - especially when your fur coat is as thick and dense as mine.

F says special thanks to Dominic and Ruta and she hopes the three of you make a really special team ( I do too - thank you for taking the Wee Squirt away from my 'sphere of operation' and off my tail).

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Well, Mr T, it is good to read some good news, I must say. I am relieved for you AND for Simba that he has found a furever home - that is not the Tigger's pad!!! And crikey, man-cat, taking a bath from the vacula??? Yup. That's original! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man with the carpet cleaning machine that visited our house in UK just before we left it couldn't understand why I was sitting beside his big machine. Mr B had to show him that video. Well it just appeared to be a big vacuum cleaner to me. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Ugh Tigger, how could you like being vacuumed? I am absolutely terrified of the thing. I can tell when they get it out of the cupboard and I make for the nearest open window to escape as fast as I can.
    It sounds like your humans have sorted out your little ginger problem quite nicely.
    Happy purrs,
    Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know what you are missing out on mittens. Nice cool air sucked through your fur is great on a hot day. 😽

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found him a nice new forever home
    And now life can return normal for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F misses the Wee Squirt loads. She has been a little bit miserable about it because the new furparents haven't sent any messages to say he has settled in. She's fairly sure they would be nice furparents, and Wee Squirt could win over any human heart I'm sure (old cats are made of sterner stuff), but it would have been nice to see a pic of him being cuddled in his new family.
      I, meanwhile, have been sleeping on her desk and dispensing the occasional cuddle to try and cheer her up.

      Delete

Post a Comment