Knitting and Exclusivity

Not that F ever has nothing on her knitting needles, but some things progress more quickly than others.

The latest piece of grey stuff was progressing well until the Small Orange Terror arrived. 

OI SOT.

Oi Sot - the reprobate.

"Oi Sot - stop plucking at the handwoven rug"

"Oi Sot - stop climbing up the mosquito net."

"Oi Sot - leave Tigger's food alone."

Crikey he eats a lot of food.  Crikey he makes a lot of deposits in the litter tray.  He's got my travel litter tray, but I used it on the first night he was here just to make sure he understood who is in charge around here.  He runs into my bathroom and uses the big litter tray too.  

Dirt box wars.

He squeaks a lot.

Oi Sot attacks the knitting.  That might be his least clever move.  I've been assured he's not staying. F is looking for another home for him.  I mean, they haven't even given IT a real name -yesterday OI, today Small Orange Terror, Reprobate, That Kitten....

We both got dragged off to the vet at 1930 on Thursday evening.  What vet is open at half past seven at night?  He got stabbed with something and left with a passport book - I just got my ears checked again and a dreaded worm pill.  (My ears are good by the way; thanks for asking.)

Oi is not allowed to sleep on anything that is exclusively mine - the human bed for instance and is actively chased out of that room.  Space on the bed is exclusively mine.  He has tried out my hammock - F promised she would wash it for me (it was due anyway) but I'm busy overlaying my scent on it as I dictate this post.


He tried to invade my tartan bed and befriend Stripy Friend.  F turned that upside down and he immediately slept on the bottom.

He gets shut in the spare bedroom at night (F's office these days) to stop him wrecking the rest of the place and so that he doesn't try to sleep on the bed.   I have had to hiss at him a few times to get  him to understand the concept of exclusive possession.  My tail for instance is exclusively mine - not something he can play with. 

F thinks he wants to be like me.  He can't be like me.  I'm a Tigger, and I'm the only one.

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    Good grief, Tigger - you've got your work cut out there, mate. Best luck... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment