Orange Interloper

Paddington Bear comes to mind. 

His aunt was a believer in the cold hard stare. 

He liked marmalade.

I like his aunt, I could get on with her.

I don’t like marmalade.

IT arrived on Tuesday

I particularly don’t like this kind of marmalade.  IT is upsetting my digestion.

I have been giving IT the cold hard stare.  Fortunately IT does understand the cold hard stare, but seems to have a short memory for these things and comes back regularly to check and get refreshers.

F and I watched a film called Turner and Hooch the other night.  There is a scene where Turner drags Hooch about the house explaining that ‘this is not your room’ repeatedly as he goes from room to devastated room.  I have patiently explained , “this is not your room, this is not your litter tray, this is not your food bowl, you will not sleep in my hammock, ….”  It’s like shouting into a storm.  Except there has been no shouting.  We cats have ways of communicating messages that you humans rarely comprehend.

For now IT is being called OI by the humans.  Orange Interloper.  F found him in the garden.  He’s not feral (unfortunately, because she would have left him there if he was).  Somebody had dumped him, possibly only minutes earlier.  Since she brought him indoors he has been going out of his way to ingratiate himself to the humans.  He has been doing CUTE, and bouncing, and purring, and chasing his tail (and stupid stuff like that).

Comments

  1. Hari oM
    ....uh oh.... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Tigger, I am sorry you are like that. I have a sister-cat (her name is Millie) and we get on together as long as we obey the rules. I mean, she stays mostly in the living room and I have the bedrooms. We eat together and sometimes we scrap a bit, but we do like having each other around. Just let OI know you are the boss (sit up on something higher than her, that helps) and things will hopefully soon get better.
    Much purring, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OTHER cats can be a nuisance can't they Mittens? IT's fascinating (in a train wreck kind of way) and I spend a lot of time watching it - closely. I just don't let it touch me, and I make no move to touch it. Cold hard stare and the occasional short quiet hiss does the trick. My condo has plenty of high places, and F understands these things and makes sure no one holds it up higher than me if I am sitting on the ground. I have been assured IT's not staying. The haven't even given IT a name. I have, but it is not publishable. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. Marmalade cuteness. Looks like you'll need lots of patience. Humans adore cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping we find another human who adores his 'cuteness' and will give him a good home. He could be a cat with a lot of character - like me - if given the chance (just not here). xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Sorry, but you have no hope. IT is too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adult cats are immune to 'cute' and I am managing quite well to make my humans feel guilty about this intrusion on my previously well-ordered life - Guilty enough to force F to make her first ever foray into FB.

      Delete

Post a Comment