Busted

 Mr B gave F a cat calendar for Christmas.  Guess who showed up as 'Miss' June?


They didn't know I've had a successful modelling career in Greece.

Question for you: what's the difference between 'domestic tabby' and 'European Shorthair' (see below)

I mean apart from their respective catwalks. (Mine's definitely better.)


I only ask because the vet wrote European Shothair on my vaccination card, which I think makes me sound like something a human intervened in the creation or design of,  when I prefer to thnk of myself as the product of a long line of natural evolution.

Comments

  1. I am a purebred Domestic Moggie, but nobody puts me on a calendar. You look awesome :)
    Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mittens, I always thought of myself as purebred moggy too (the M on my forehead proves it). Not so sure about the 'domestic' part of that description but I am becoming more devoted to domestic comforts as I age. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    Mr T, you are both a Tabby and ESC... the first simply refers to your coat pattern. The coat itself is short and the classification is based on body conformation. There are also Celtic Shorthair Cats. To be fair, though, as you originate from these fair isles, you might actually be termed as a British Shorthair Cat, if you are 'stockier' than your European cousins. That might have more bearing now that there is a thing called "break shit" or something... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If by 'stockier' you mean 'higher BMI' than my Greek cousins (who on the whole look more like whippets than cats by my standards), then - yeah - that's me. I'm just bigger all round than people here are used to; everyone says so. I also have a lot more (denser) fur (with much softer over-hairs) than my Greek cousins do, even when they are wearing their outdoor winter coats. It doesn't stop me being a wimp about winter though, especially now that I have accustomed myself to the summer heat. Furrings and purrings - Mr T

      Delete
  3. A seductive beach pose. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is very worthy of being the June pinup though, don't know if I could say the same about Mr Cat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment