Kiwifruit...

 ...are of no interest to me whatsoever.  I rather prefer mice.  However I can't help notice that kiwifruit are sort of mouse-sized, mouse-ish coloured, and wear fur coats.

Humans eat them, but they are not, however, consumed without controversy.  So, I am conducting a poll:

Skin on?  or Skin off?

I could not imagine peeling my mice to prepare them as a snack.  F eats her kiwifruit fur and all; Mr B insists on having it peeled off.  

(Mind you, F eats apples 'like a horse' according to one friend.  I don't know how horses eat apples never having actually met one, but F starts at the flower end and eats to the top so that only the stalk is left when she's finished.  I begin to suspect from the friend's description that F's fruit consuming mannerisms are non-standard in the human world.)

How do you eat your kiwifruit?  (or apples for that matter)



(What about you, Mittens?  Mice peeled or complete in their natural packaging?)

Comments

  1. Kiwi fruits: ALWAYS off.
    Mice: I asked our two cats (one of whom was
    actually named Mittens when we got him
    from the shelter - he is now Max).
    the consensus was peeled. Nothing like
    finding a bit of mouse skin in the house
    first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to eat the outer layer and leave the innards on the door mat. F usually wanders about in bare feet. That was fun. I stored live ones in Mr B's shoes. That was fun too, until he released them in the wild. It had taken me ages to hunt them down, and he clearly did not understand that keeping them alive ensured a supply of fresh snacks.

      Delete
  2. Oh, it would have to be natural packaging. I would never never never peel a mouse! I'm not popular if I bring it into the house, although sometimes I can't resist the temptation to see my Ladies shrieking when I drop a live one at their feet. It's rather fun to be a bit naughty sometimes. Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately F isn't scared of mice, but she isn't real keen on me releasing them indoors just the same. Apparently she had a lazy flatmate once who left the lid off the 1kg honey pot and got up in the morning to find a mouse drowned in it. That was LONG LONG LONG before I knew her.

      Delete
  3. Mice? No thanks 🤢
    Kiiwi fruit? Skin off, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know what you are missing out on JayCee. Nice warm fresh mouse....

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Well, Tigger, this is an interesting one. Generally speaking I am all for 'keeping it whole'; the difficulty comes in knowing source. Most of my supermarket purchases (which I am forced to here) have me peeling things even not normally peeled - such as pears and nectarines - simply because one cannot be sure of what lies upon those skins. Even after washing. But I like the skins of the fruits such as these - so have recently taken to using a grapefruit-based cleanser to scrub them and am returning to the whole fruit intake. Not apples though. Am allergic to apples (although, when I was a tiddler and before I knew this, I DID actually eat them like a horse and they grew in our own garden so provenance was clean - I can still remember the nutty flavour of the seeds - cox's orange pippins...) Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skin off definitely. I have never known a skin eater. Thats a first. Far too hairy for me to even consider

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally not a kiwifruit fan, i just find the taste not to my liking however recently I saw on facebook someone tried to batter and deep fry it - ewwww

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment