My Canvas Cave, and a Bed for Every Mood



This canvas bag used to hold the wool stash.  The wool stash outgrew the bag years ago, but before then I had already adopted the bag (and stash) as a good place to sleep undisturbed in a quiet corner of the little room that served as office, craft room, store room, and third bedroom (in times of great emergency).  

It got pressed into service the day I needed an elevator down from the tree over the drive - see here - and has since then been exclusively mine.  These days it gets me down from the loft and top cupboards when I am ready to evacuate these high places, or serves as my 'cave' when I'm tired of the other options.

The other options include (and you have probably seen them all at one stage or another):

Condo Satellite Dish:

This one is my boudoir. Did you know the word comes from the French verb 'to sulk' and means quite literally 'sulking room'. If you think about it, it doesn't say much for what French aristocats thought of their women. It had to be an aristocatic term, no other class of women would have a room exclusively hers, or the time to go and sulk in it. I however, aristocat that I am, do periodically retire to my exclusive top deck to sulk / keep my own company.

Bar-stool Satellite Dish:

This one moves around a bit, sometimes indoors between the human armchairs, sometimes on the sunny balcony where I use it for a morning dose of vitamin D before the day gets too hot (or  too cold). It is constructed of an old barstool, its top replaced with a tv satellite dish.

Condo Halfway Station:

This one is a drawer out of a bedside cabinet (scavenged off a rubbish pile like the rest of my Condo).  Mr B installed it with the pretty inlay to the back - not sure why. It is lined with a hessian potato sack. Beds come in a variety of textures. I feel languid when I nap in this one - sort of halfway everything.

Condo hammock:

Canvas left over from refurbing a director's chair. I generally only use this in summer (hence the generous coating of shed fur....)

Igloo:

You will have seen Igloo a lot. Igloo travels because it fits on Donkey; a sort of 'motorhome conversion'. I like having Igloo to retire to when we are working at the office.

Tartan bed:

Fitted out with Stripey Friend. This one is currently on F's desk at home because if she doesn't accomodate me there I sit on her keyboard. In its current position I can casually observe the cats on the various levels of the retaining wall out the back.

Bottom Shelf of the Barbeque:

On the back balcony, this one is a summer retreat, although I do race in there if I think Mr B is going to do toothpaste on me. There is a bike parked in front of it so it is really challenging for them to drag me out. At this time of year its a bit cold and uncomfortable to stay there too long.

F's hammock chair:

Mine really, especially now that I have figured out how to climb into it without it swinging away and dumping me on the tiles. Trouble is, F takes it indoors for the winter.

And any number or variety of human chairs, the human bed, and Mr B's legs.

Watching Happy Feet

A bed for every occasion - I like a good variety to choose from. 

Defending the high ground
That Oik kept trying to explore, eat my food, and take over my sleeping places. He's  got his own exclusive places now and I'm much happier for it.


Comments

  1. Dear Tigger, you certainly have some great snooze spots. My favourites at the moment, are M's bed, under the patio table, and a little 'nest' I have made in the long grass out the back. My humans are to be pitied - they only sleep in beds and chairs. They don't know what they are missing, do they?
    Much purring, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much like the sound of long grass and the possibility of interesting wild life. I used to have the complete run of outdoors before we came here. All these beds (and particularly my Condo) are my compensation for being forced to be an indoor cat. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Variety is the very spice of life... when you don't have valerian... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx (who is wondering why this post didn't show up in her reader....sigh...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment