Not a Blog about Weather (Tuesday, published Wednesday)

Having been here a couple of months over 2 years (and this the third winter), I was surprised to discover today that this apartment has heating!  There are radiators on the walls and I know exactly what radiators are and what they are for, but these ones have never been warm and seem to serve only as a form of shelf in each room.

Maybe they are in fact meant to cool the place but I'd never noticed they were particularly useful for that either.

Imagine my surprise that today the ones in the lounge/dining room were warm.  

I've been cheated.

There was a white blanket over everything outside when we got up this morning, but it quickly disappeared, turned to slush, got all dirty, vanished.  A lump of it slid off an awning above, plummeted into the backyard and hit a metal trailer parked there with a very loud bang.

That was probably the highlight of our day (apart from my discovery that the heating works, but I don't know where the controls are and suspect human intervention).





Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I saw it on the news - snow on the Acropolis. Somehow one never thought about the possibilities of this. How pretty, but very cold. So glad to hear that heating exists for you Mr T. I trust you snuggled close to one or more of said radiators - you never know if they'll ever be needed again! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cold like you get YAM-aunty. The radiators have already returned to being shelves. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw it down here as well......while enjoying the cool air conditioned air. Not on all day, just for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've been double cheated - if it is too warm for heating, then perhaps we should have air-con in our summer too (we don't).

      Delete
  4. Looks magical! Stay inside and toasty warm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now waiting for a report on how you lived there 2 years and did not need that heat or notice. is this cold unusal? I don't know where you live. here in Florida we can live without heat, only a few days cold enough for it. i burst out laughing when I read the most exciting part of your day was the ice crashing. here we entertain ourselves by saying to each other, the red car across the street just left. there are 7 cars at that 3 bedroom home. each car comes and goes but no routine.. isn't that exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made us laugh - Mr B and F entertain each other commenting on the bloke who comes out of the next door apartment block every day to obsessively wipe imaginary dust off his car parked on the street. There is something about way he checks all the doors are locked that suggests compulsion. Does 7 cars for a 3 bed home seem excessive in your country? I, the Tigger, like cars but I couldn't supervise 7 of them.

      Delete
  6. I heard on the news that there was snow in Greece. Perhaps the setting are set to a very low temperature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it has never been turned on before because the F-emale human in my household is seriously cold conditioned. It only got turned on yesterday because Mr B was wimpering. F would have just put on a jumper (although I did notice she had finally ditched the shorts). To be fair, living in apartments means that other people heat us up. Below us the heating runs flatout 24/7 from October to May!

      Delete
  7. It looks so pretty there, at least Tigger has a permanent furry coat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment