Skinny T-Shirt Material

 Skinny T-Shirt Material.

F picked it up out of a bargain bin somewhere and thought she might crochet some slippers.

It turns out that one skein is about enough for half a slipper (for a human.  Don't look at my dainty feet, I'm not going to wear slippers. I was born with built in house-shoes.)

I'm not interested in playing with it.

She tried crocheted 'string' bag.

Too thick.

Same result knitting it.  

In a moment of unsupervised gazing into space, partway through unravelling and reworking in crochet a knitted cotton string bag that didn't work, F decided that maybe she would knot the skinny t-shirt material into a 'string' bag - you know, like making a net.

Several little movies online later.... I supervised that bit.....

Anyway making a very basic shuttle kept Mr B occupied for all of half an hour.  I supervised that bit too.  It's a specially designed prototype for Skinny T-shirt material.

If this works it might spawn a whole new industry around here using up stashed balls of butchers string.  And a whole new occupation in making proper shuttles to do it with.



Comments

  1. This is absolutely hilarious I'm still laughing we both got moments of time filled with fun and the supervisor got fun supervising and I got fun reading about the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Well, all this post does is make me want more!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment