Refined Palette

I followed F around all day.  I had patted her face repeatedly before she got up.  I hassled.  I was sweet.  I did the eyes thing.  I resorted to the 'toenails' thing.  

I could smell chicken in the kitchen.  She had cooked it in a casserole late the night before.  Stupid woman didn't catch on until nearly the end of the day when she was tearing the chicken up and putting some in the freezer.

Finally I got a bit - a tiny eeny weeny bit (talk about tight).  Mmmmmm - chicken with pickled lemons and green olives, cinnamon and a delicate hint of ginger.  I have a very refined palette I'll have you know - and a nose....

They finally relented and gave me some casserole on a little china plate of my own when they had their dinner.

I scoffed the lot. 

After dinner we watched fishing boats in the dark.  It's that time of year again.  We have no idea what they are fishing for but the fleet comes out in force with a big white light on each boat for a couple of nights around this time of year.  Most of them appear to sit in one place.  One or two boats move slowly about the fleet - maybe they are the shepherd boats.  It had been cloudy all day so there was no moonlight - and F did manage to get a photo of sorts.



Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Well that's interesting, Tigger... clearly the boatsmen think the fish will be drawn by the lights. I seem to think sea bream are best angled at night... or are there any swordfish there? Mind you, on balance, chicken probably smells better! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they fishing for squid or cuttlefish?
    The bright light attracts them. In Japan
    the squid bots go out lit up like Xmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did occur to us Barbara. F grew uop on the coast in NZ south island where in certain seasons Taiwanese squid fishing fleets lit up the sea like a huge city just over the horizon. These boats have bike lights by comparison, but clearly attracting something. They have been out there 2 (moonless) nights in row now.

      Delete
  3. so happy they finally picked up your signals. Beau said did you try singing really loudly? he does the hassleing, the eyes, the paw that weight a pound, and leaning on legs. bob says they might be shrimping, shrimp come to lights. do you have shrimps' there?? about that sign in the sun. I have no clue what it means and it is not in the booklet of signs for getting a drivers license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of singing loudly - the humans aren't keen on it (they call it "shouting at the referee").

      Shrimps - yes we can buy them in the fish selling places but I've no idea where they come from.

      Maybe the sign is just a flashy decoration.

      Delete
    2. I figured out the sign.. will do a post, it means traffic is entering where you think it would not. be careful. Beaut is getting to loud, we are now says a nice firm NO when he does it. he said good luck with that. About the gobblegook. that is only for doing an import if your blog crashes. it is the behind the scenes like HTML look, and when you go to the same place you exported it, you click import and it will put your blog like it was.... all is well. just save it. i left mine in the computer and on a flash drive.

      Delete
    3. If anyone says 'no' to me I convince them I'm deaf. So we should keep updating and replacing the gobbledygook then? Because sometime in the future (if blogger still exists) it probably won't be able to read to old gobbledygook right?

      Delete
  4. The chicken sounds very yummy
    Maybe next time you will get some fresh fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer chicken. The only thing I'm not keen on with my chicken is chillies.

      Delete

Post a Comment